|Mango Marinated Florida Stone Crab Claws
Recipe Type: Appetiser
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Fresh Florida Stone crab and ripe Florida mango make an ideal combination.
- 3 lbs medium Florida stone crab claws
- 2 c ripe Florida mango, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 tbs Florida cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 Florida jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 4 tbs Florida lime juice
- 1 tbs light brown sugar
- Florida salad greens
- Crack claws and remove shell and movable pincer, leaving the meat attached to the remaining pincer.
- Place in a single layer in a shallow dish.
- To make salsa marinade, combine mango, cilantro, peppers, lime juice and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Taste for seasoning, adding more lime juice and/or brown sugar as needed. Spoon the salsa mixture over the meaty part of crab claws.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Serve claws on a bed of salad greens with mango salsa as an appetizer.