Fabulous Florida Strawberry Tiramisu
One of the biggest challenges when entertaining is to have a dessert large enough and can top the meal. One of the most popular, easy to make, knock-your-socks-off desserts is this Strawberry Tiramisu. The dessert is served cold so it’s great for summer days. The eye catching color is an added bonus. Top with a fresh sprig of mint.
There’s a whopping 505 calories in each serving so plan accordingly and reserve this one for those special occasions.
|Fabulous Florida Strawberry Tiramisu||
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh Florida strawberries
- 1 1/4 c strawberry preserves
- 1/3 c plus 4 tbs orange liqueur
- 1/3 c orange juice
- 1 lb Italian mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/3 c chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 52 crisp ladyfingers
- Whisk the preserves, 1/3 cup of the orange liquor, and the orange juice in 2-cup measuring cup
- Place the cheese and 2 tablespoons orange liquor in large bowl; gently fold to blend.
- Beat cream, sugar, vanilla, and remaining 2 tablespoons orange liquor with a whisk in a separate bowl to until you can form soft peaks.
- Stir 1/4 of whipped cream mixture into mascarpone mixture to lighten.
- Fold in remaining whipped cream a small amount at a time.
- Slice half of strawberries.
- Spread 1/2 cup preserve mixture over bottom of 3-quart serving dish or a glass baking dish.
- Arrange ladyfingers over strawberry mixture to cover bottom of dish.
- Spoon 3/4 cup preserve mixture over ladyfingers;
- Add 2 1/2 cups mascarpone mixture on top.
- Arrange 2 cups sliced strawberries over mascarpone mixture.
- Repeat layering with remaining lady fingers, preserve mixture, and mascarpone mixture.
- Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Slice remaining strawberries and arrange over tiramisu to serve.